Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Geek Side

I am a geek. I have a degree in computers. I have more electronic devices than a reasonably sane person should have. I like to build my own computers and I'm a fan of PC's. Why am I telling you all this? Simple. I am becoming a fan of apple products.

It all started in October of 2010, I got my first apple product ever. An iPhone 4 in black. Big deal right, I'll never convert to apple. Well since that day I have found my iPhone to not only be completely addictive but also very useful. The camera is great and the ability to share photos with my wife throughout the day is super easy. I may even one day buy an iPad. Which brings me to the actual point of this whole post. I thought you could only use a full size keyboard on an iPad or a Mac. Well as luck would have it, the apple bluetooth keyboard works with my iPhone as well. Yup, I'm using the Blogger app right now as I write this post, on my iPhone using a full size keyboard and I'm loving life. Yes I am a total geek. But I'll take it another step further. You see I also have my iPhone in an Otterbox defender case, which is in the belt clip set up as an easel. I'll take the phone out and snap a picture just for kicks.

See, I'm a total geek. Sorry, I can't help myself. I just had to share my new found freedom.

I guess I should explain the freedom thing. Not too long ago I bought a shiny new laptop that I thought was the greatest thing since a 1TB hard drive. It was a nice enough HP with lots of RAM and a big hard drive. It worked really well for a little while. Well it has suffered the same fate as almost all other HP laptops from what I can tell. The battery is useless. Not more than about a week out of warranty the battery completely died. Emailed HP and "I'm sorry the product is no longer under warranty, we could sell you a new battery". I'm sure they could sell me a new battery. Anyway, I have been frustrated by the fact that I must have the thing plugged in anytime I want to use it. This is horribly inconvenient and in my opinion defeats the purpose of a laptop. So to end my rant, I now have portability in a full size keyboard. Let's be honest, it's way easier than typing on the little touch screen. Granted my screen is small and I don't have massive computing power on my phone. But when I just want to write without being tied to a power cord, I now have the perfect solution. I guess the next step is to move up to an iPad and have some real fun.

Cheers for now,
Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment