Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Chocolate and Tea

I'm having a housewife moment.  Some people might take that statement the wrong way, but as a stay at home dad I have the utmost respect for my fellow homemakers.  Househusband kind of sounds weird, and I am by no means a "kept man" so I like the term housewife even though I'm not a women.  My housewife moment consists of both kids actually napping at the same time, a hot cup of peppermint tea and some very unhealthy Hershey's chocolate.  The kitchen has been cleaned up and some of the clutter has been put away (cleaning will never be my favorite pastime).  That is pretty much where the housewife part stops and the rest of my strange personality comes in, the geeky guy side.  The geek side of this moment consists of me typing on my wireless keyboard, in front of a double display (20" widescreen that can rotate to portrait for heavy coding or web design and a 32" HDTV) setup that is great for writing code.  The typical guy part of this moment involves watching "Inside West Coast Customs" Mark Wahlberg's Mobile Office on Velocity HD by discovery in HD all at the same time.  So much for guys not being able to multitask.  Some days I feel very odd, very odd indeed.
I know I mentioned in my last post that I'm not a fan of minivans and that may have a few people miffed.  I promise to get back to the battle of the ages between SUV's and minivans.  No really, I will.  I just thought someone might get a kick out of my total randomness.  I hope whoever reads my posts gets a little kick out of them.  Philly, my wife for those who don't know, thought this blog would be good therapy for me and a great way to express the strangeness that is my mind.  So far I have to say this has been a ton of fun and I hope to find plenty of times like this where I can write.  Now my tea is cool and I need to reheat it, I guess I'm not too good at multitasking after all.
Cheers for now,
Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment